Horse Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For horse lovers of all ages!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brakxisxamazing
New Rider
Brakxisxamazing

Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Empty
PostSubject: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:59 am

I groom horses at a barn for our lessons, etc but I can't seem to ever get the dust off even after I have curried, and brushed. I heard a vacuum works but I can't use one of those before every lesson. Is there a specific way I can brush the horses? The dust makes them look like they haven't even been groomed within a week or so. Any suggestions for good grooming? sunny

- Alex

Back to top Go down
Giddy
Developer
Developer
Giddy

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:04 am

Have you tried using a curry comb in small circular motions around the horses coat,then using a body brush to flick it off?

-Krista
Back to top Go down
https://horsefanatics.rpg-board.net
Brakxisxamazing
New Rider
Brakxisxamazing

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:06 am

I've tried it before and it only worked with their winter coats. Now with it being warmer the coats are off and the dust is back and stubborn as ever. Mad
Back to top Go down
Giddy
Developer
Developer
Giddy

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:10 am

What about taking a cloth and wiping the horses down,or hosing them down?
Back to top Go down
Brakxisxamazing
New Rider
Brakxisxamazing

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:11 am

I haven't tried that, I'll be sure to ask my instructor for a towel or cloth. Thanks for the help! Now that I think about it, a damp cloth could have been the solution all along!

-Alex
Back to top Go down
Giddy
Developer
Developer
Giddy

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:14 am

Your welcome! And now I understand why this allergy season is so bad hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Highlighter
New Rider

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:10 am

i agree with, Giddy. i do it too, due to our dusty fields...
Back to top Go down
http://laurallakefarmsite.webs.com
Brakxisxamazing
New Rider
Brakxisxamazing

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:50 am

The fields here are pretty dusty themselves. That and they are filled with bot fly eggs. Another great thing to get off the horses.
Back to top Go down
Giddy
Developer
Developer
Giddy

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:35 pm

Its been rainy lately and the horses down here are so muddy which stinks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?   Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there an easy way to get dust off a horses coat?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horse Fanatics :: Horse Study :: Grooming-
Jump to: